Social Media plays a significant role in the life and success of a singer-songwriter or band. Social Media is just one tool of many in getting you and your music in front of people, gaining fans and staying connected to a fan base.
Winding Way Records can help with your social media campaigns, but if we don’t sign you we recommend you do the following:
Social Media Campaigns Work Best if you:
- Create a Facebook page (An Artist Page. Learn FB Business Suite)
- Create an Instagram account (Link to your Artist FB Page)
- Create a TikTok account (Link to Insta- it will upload as a Reel)
- Create a Twitter account (Post as many times a day as you can)
- Post Often (daily is best, twice a day on TikTok if you can)
- Use a variety of hashtags (At least 5, three on topic, two + trending)
- Video Content is King (Casual, unscripted is fine. Canva video editor.
- Include interesting and compelling pics (pics from performances best)
- Always link to your website (On FB & Twitter links are clickable in posts, On Insta links are only clickable on stories (use sticker, link)
- Add your linktree or website link in your bio on Insta & TikTok
- Hide the trolls, ban the ugly words, delete BS comments.
- Boost your show posts and new music posts
- If boosting, add a button to streaming or ticket page.
For gigs, Always post:
- Ticket sales (link if available)
- Time, day of week, and the date of the show
- Post in advance, the month, week, day, and the hour before the gig.
- The location (Use built in location function on platforms)
- Include @Tag the venue on IG, FB and Tiktok etc.
- Hash Tag # the venue, genre, and other trending tags.
- Make sure to add a Google Map link on your website.
- Make sure to include parking info.
- Support other artists on the bill (tag them, link to their pages, etc)
- Image of venue (you on the stage if you have it)
For Youtube Videos:
- Claim/Create your YouTube Channel and name it your Artist Name
- Include a great photo
- Link to your website and social media
- Include a background or banner image
- Include hashtags on all your video posts
- Videos should have an eye catching thumbnail
- Engage the viewer – ask them to share the video, or answer a question
- Post Weekly (live-like, smartphone grade, un-produced)
- Post Monthly (produced – some editing and pro-audio)
- Post Announcements and news videos
- Post original music and cover* performances
Offer private streams to your fans, Patreon is a good option
* Credits must be included. Name author of the song. Ad revenue will go to rights owner – not you!