The following production standards are required for all Winding Way Records projects, please ask if any of these requirements are not understood or you are unable to meet or exceed. Download the Production Standards Guide here.
- LogicPro or ProLogic Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) required.
- 24 bit, 96k sampling rate or better. (24 bit 48K if approved in advance)
- HRA 32 bit, 192k rate desirable.
Master Recordings Formats
- CDs WAVs at 16 bit 44.1K
- WAVs at native recording (24 bit 96K Preferred)
- Mp3s 192k, 320k sampling (we will ID3 stamp)
- If Hi-Rez Audio (HRA) 24 bit 192K exists.
- Artists (singers, instrumentalists)
- Producer credits
- Executive Producer
- Engineering credits
- Mastering Credits
- Thanks you section (thank everyone that touched you and this project)
- Song title, songwriter name (Example “Happy Song by John Doe”)
- Do not include the vocalist’s name, no extra text (ex.”intro”, “verse” “chorus”)
- Repeated lines must be written out. Don’t write “Chorus 2x” etc.
- Begin each line with a capital letter
- Do not use punctuation at the end of a line
- Do not include blank lines except between verses or chorus
- We recommend Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop CS
- Provide the project files (all fonts included.)
- Include the Winding Way Records logo on the rear and disc face.
- Place our supplied barcode graphic on rear of cover bottom left or right.
CD and Vinyl Artwork
- 300 dpi (dots per inch) (600 dpi is OK but must be in 300 dpi final rendering
Website and Digital Releases Artwork
- Square JPG images
- RGB mode (3000 x 3000 pixel min, 5000 x 5000 pixel preferred.)
- Include front CD cover, insert/inside panes, rear cover, CD face.
- Vinyl front cover, left and right inside panes, rear cover, A side and B side Labels
- Singles need unique artwork, no borders, should have artist name and song title.
Print Artwork File Formats
- Rendered as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, and EPS. (all template masks and guide layers turned off)
- Be certain to include all fonts in your files. All artwork should be CMYK, not RGB.