Welcome to Winding Way Records – We are focused on Artist Advocacy – We are Artists Advocates
We take no copyrights, publishing rights or mechanical rights. In our deals you maintain your rights and license to us the right to produce, promote, publish and distribute your music. We make sure that you have your copyrights filed, your PRO registrations and Nielsen Soundscan setup. We send your music to radio stations, do press releases and promotion. We promote your music on social media. We help market your music to music directors in the television and motion picture industry. In exchange for our services, we offer a 70/30 split on net profit and only expense direct costs to produce, promote and distribute your music – no administrative overhead!
Download the Terms Sheet here
- We fund or co-fund (if you are self-producing) the production of the recording sessions, mixing and mechanical masters.
- We fund the manufacture of mechanicals (CD’s, vinyl, thumb drives or any new technology we adopt that delivers music product such as Airdrop, Wi-Fi hub POS, etc.).
- We help with promotional distribution to radio stations, online, social media, etc.
- We help with crafting copy, graphic art, PR, sending PR to the press, media outlets, etc.
- You agree to perform shows to help promote your music when it works for you.
- You receive 70% of net profit on all music and merch sales.
- We provide you CDs, vinyl, and merch that we create and manufacture for your shows.
- You grant us exclusive license for an initial term of 2 years to do the following on our behalf:
- Manufacture (CD’s and vinyl when appropriate), merchandise and to market, promote, distribute the same.
- Distribution to our network of up to 900 Independent record stores. (Store consignment)
- Your titles are made available on the Winding Way Records eCommerce site. http://windingwayrecords.com/shop
- Digital distribution on all major music permanent download platforms (iTunes, Amazon Music, Google Play)
- Stream your selected music on all major streaming services Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, Pandora, Deezer, Tidal, YouTube Music, Microsoft Groove, ClaroMúsica, Saavn
- We act as your Publishing Administrator (BMI, ASCAP PROs) and our administrative fee is 10%.
- We provide publishing support and grant limited and/or full Mechanical Licenses to artists that wish to cover your music; You receive the full CRB stat rate. Our administrative fee is 10%.
- We act as your Sync Rep (Master & Sync Representative), promote your music direct to Music Directors and Producers in the Commercial, Television and Motion Picture industries.
- As Sync Rep we execute Master & Sync deals with your input and approval with a 70/30% split.
- We act as your promoter and help you get booked into shows, festivals and manage mini-tours.
- We actively promote the shows, create press releases, and provide posters, post cards and flyers.
- We help coordinate press, radio, record store promotions.
- If we book you a paying show the split is 80/20% but no additional expenses are drawn.
- We act as your agent/manager when needed and when third party promoters are employed.
- You are free to book shows at venues that are independently owned/operated and promoted internally. No fee split.
Disclaimer: terms subject to change for mutual benefit, individual contracts may vary based on conditions and Artist and Label interests.