Better Days – Lili Añel’s new LP
Lili Añel and her band -Dale Melton (keys), Jeffrey Blount (bass) and Jonathan Whitney (drums/percussion) -if you like Joni Mitchell, you will love Lili. This album is informed by jazz, rock, pop and alt. Check it out now
- Lili Añel – vocals, acoustic guitar
- Dale Melton – grand piano, Fender Rhodes, Hammond B3
- Jeffrey Blount – bass
- Jonathan Whitney – drums, percussion
- John Lilley – Electric Guitar on “Peace of Mind”
- Korey Riker – Tenor Saxophone (Better Days); Tenor/Baritone/Alto saxophones, Flute (Take It From Me and Thin Line)
- Christopher Stevens – Trumpet (Take it From Me); Trumpet and Flugelhorn (Thin Line)
- All horn arrangements: Korey Riker and Christopher Stevens
- Recorded at The Sandbox, Buck Hollow Barn, Fallowfield, PA
- Dale Melton – Engineering and Mastering
- Produced by Lili Añel and Dale Melton
- Executive Producer: John Fisher
Photos: Tom Lunde
Artwork & Design: Jim Russ
Thank you: Dale, Jonathan and Jeffrey for helping to make this music what it is, both live and in the studio; you are my brothers. J. Michael Harrison for always believing and your continued support. Barbara Añel for being an excellent co-writer, and the world’s best sister. Rob you have my heart.
Special Thanks: Korey Riker I am so happy we connected. I love yours and Chris Steven’s work on this record. You were brilliant! John Lilley, I loved your playing, as always. WRTI, 90.1 FM your support is everything. Tom Lunde thank you for making me and the guys look wonderful. Thank you, John Fisher and Winding Way Records for the vision and opportunity.
All Songs ©2019 Lili Añel except;
The Wrong Time ©1994 Barbara Anel, TwinTwo Music, BMI
Number One written by ©1988 Joni Mitchell, Crazy Crow Music
Better Days written by ©2019 Lili Anel and Barbara Anel, TwinTwo Music BMI
Family Affair written by ©1971 Sylvester Stewart, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
℗2019 Lili Añel and Dale Melton